EZlap Timing SystemFCTR
The EZlap timing system is a race management system that specially designed for both indoor and outdoor small scale drone racing. This new FPV race tracker allows 4 pilots to race at once.
The EZlap timing system comes with a master controller, 3 infrared receiver modules, 8 transmitters. The system is powered by a PC or laptop via a USB cable connecting to the USB port of master controller. It is easy to install, simply mount the master controller and receiver modules in the racing gate, install the transmitters in the racing drones, then install the free RCM Beginner software (can be downloaded at the bottom of this page) in your computer and connect with the provided USB cable, you and your friends will be able to start the racing just in a minute.
The master controller sends the signals that received from the infrared receiver modules to the computer after processing.
The infrared transmitter is 0.4g only, it will not increase any weight to the racing drone since it is so light in weight. It has 8 different address codes which are switchable via the 3-digit DIP switch. Start to send the address codes after powering on via USB.
The infrared receiver modules receive the address codes from the transmitters and send them to master controller.
Although the Ezlap Timer was originally designed for small scale micro drone race, it was used for 210/250 class FPV race at Liberty Multirotor Racing 2017 and a great success. The Liberty Multirotor Racing 2017 was held by Romanian Aeromodelling Association.
Connection and Use:
- The master controller is powered by the USB after connecting to the PC. No extra power supplies required.
- The receiver modules and master controller are connected with three special made 6-pin plug cables. In the EZlap timing kit there are 4 receiver modules (including the master controller) included. But how many modules you need depending on your track width and the height of your bridge. The quantity of receiver modules is also limited by the USB loading capacity.
- The infrared transmitter is powered by the built-in button cell battery.
- Connect the master controller to the PC with the provided USB cable, access to the free RCM Beginners software and set the pilots information.
- Master controller x 1 (similar to receiver module but with a USB port)
- Receiver module x 3
- Transmitter for racing quad x 8
- 16cm 6-pin plug camble x 3
- 3m long USB cable x 1
The master controller is powered by the USB after connecting to the PC. No extra power supplies required. It sends the signals that received from the receiver modules to the RCM Beginners software after processing.
The receiver modules are connected by 6-pin plug cables. They receive the address codes from the transmitters and send them to master controller.
The infrared transmitter is 0.4g only, it will not increase any weight to the racing quad since it is so light in weight . It has 8 different address codes which are switchable via the 3-digit DIP switch. Start to send the address codes after powering on via USB.
Three 16cm 6-pin plug cables are included to connect the receiver modules and master controller.
The 3m USB cable is used for connecting the master controller to the PC.
All the parts included in the EZlap timing system.
Management interface of RCM Beginners.
The EZlap timing system is working during the racing.